POWERED BY CHAFFEY HIGH SCHOOL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Electrify Ontario is a project-based learning challenge for Chaffey High School students that incorporates the 5 C’sof their Entrepreneurship program (Shark Tank initiative): Critical Thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, Communication and Career Readiness. Students demonstrate these skills through development of Social Media assets on behalf of Ontario Auto Center (OAC) per the topics stated below. These creative assets will be submitted to OAC and evaluated by its marketing agency of record, Bastion Elevate, using criteria aligning with the school’s program judging rubric.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES:
Only 11thand 12thgrade students of Chaffey High School Entrepreneurship’s Program are eligible to participate in Electrify Ontario. All photo and/or video entries must be received via Chaffey High School provided Dropbox file prior to 5pm PST on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
HOW THE COMPETITION WILL WORK:
Electrify Ontario is designed to reward big ideas for social media marketing that will push the envelope and encourage participants to think boldly. Participants may focus on creating informative social media content within the EV space regarding product technology/innovation, product benefits and why-buys, addressing common consumer purchase objections (range, cost, charging, etc.) or by taking the viewer on a creative journey.
Students may submit individually or as a group (maximum 4 people). Upon submission, Bastion Elevate will review all entries and select a winner by Friday, May 20, 2022, who will receive a $2,500 cash prize from OAC. If the winning submission was created by a group of 2 or more students, the $2,500 prize will be evenly split among the group’s members. Submissions must contain a video and/or photo asset for distribution on Ontario Auto Center social media feeds.
All assets will be the sole ownership of OAC and used as part of its social media marketing campaign and associated campaigns at its discretion, as indicated and agreed upon in the school’s mandatory media release form. A counter-signed release form from is mandatory to receive the prize.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION:
All submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- RATING SCALE
- 2. Requires Improvement
- 3. Acceptable
- 4. Very Good
- 5. Superior
- SCORES WILL BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES UTILIZING THE 5 C’s; Critical Thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, Communication and Career Readiness
- Persuasive introduction: Captured attention within first seconds
- Product: Deliverable is clearly defined & easy to understand
- Strategy: Deliverable aligns with brief; engage the audience with product benefits, points addressing common concerns, and product/technology highlights
- Preparedness: Presenters have a clear knowledge of content
- Creativity: Contentis likely to engage the audience, creator(s) took chances and did the unexpected!